Solved

Company Tax ID Number driver - Tax Transactions/Mixed Payments

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 346 replies

Does anyone know what drives the Company Tax ID Number field in Tax Transactions, please, against Mixed Payment transactions (Apps9)?  The “Help” indicates as below but with a Mixed Payment, there is no “address” as there is on a customer invoice, for example.  

Company Tax ID Number
The company tax identification number valid for the address specified in the row. 

We have a company with two VAT numbers, one UK and one European.  We process Bank Charges using Mixed Payment function (Direct Cash Payment) so we can select Account Code and Cost Centre to post to as well as Tax Code.

In some instances the Tax Transactions has picked up the UK VAT number for these transactions and in others the European one.  There is no discernible difference in what/how the Mixed Payment has been processed that I can see so I was wondering if there is something in the  setup of some connected item.  I have sat with the user who processes the payments today and couldn’t spot anything. 

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.  I wonder if it’s a bug?  

Thanks

Linda

icon

Best answer by PRODQ 7 September 2021, 10:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ ,

Not sure if this will answer the exact question, but I’ll share the information I have on this field.

The Company Tax ID is fetched through the Company. You need to specify the Tax ID as shown below to an country code.

This country should have been fetched at Address Level as well.

Next, there should be a connection between the Supplier/Customer and the Company.

This should be done at the Supplier/Customer Address tab in the Document Tax Information tab.

Hope this information helps :relaxed:

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Thanushi

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We have company and company addresses set up as you have indicated.  ]

However, the Mixed Payment is just as Direct Cash Payment - coded to a bank charges code - not attributable to either a customer or a supplier.  There is also no option of selecting a Company address anywhere…

Thanks anyway.

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ ,

Thanks for your response.

In that case we will have to investigate the issue further to check if it’s a bug in the IFS Application or whether the standard functionality.

Could you please report a case to IFS Support on this issue?

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @PRODQ ,

With regards to the supplier invoices, currently, the Company Tax ID number is used for customer-related transactions, therefore the company tax ID field in Tax Transactions does not get filled.

Business reason behind the existing design - At implementation, priority was given to customer side, and therefore, almost all the changes have been done on EU requirements only for the customer side (Tax Classes, Introducing Supply Country on Delivery Address level etc). And also, it is required to make sure the invoice we issue outside the organization/ to a customer has adequate company information clearly specified. This is mainly due to the prioritization of developments in R&D at that time of App 9 design.

Again, With regards to the customer invoices, the tax ID number contains only on the invoices which get printed. The connection between Printing invoices and Tax ID - Since it is a basic requirement in general for the invoices which we print and provide the customers to contain the Company tax ID, the printable invoices have the tax ID. And again, this is also due to the prioritization of developments in R&D at the time of implementation. Therefore, Project Invoice contains the Tax ID number in the tax transactions window, and manual customer invoice/paid customer advances do not.

The following is extracted from Tax Handling in EU Sales.

**How to retrieve Tax ID Numbers (VAT Numbers):**

The customers' Tax ID Number will be retrieved from the invoiced Customers' document address. Based on our company ID and the Supply Country, the appropriate Tax ID Number will be retrieved.
Our own company's Tax ID Number will, when an invoice is created, be retrieved in the following way:

- If all lines have the same delivery address country and are all taxable in a country in which our company has a tax registration, then our company's Tax ID no. in the delivery country will be quoted.
- otherwise the supply country Tax ID no. will be quoted.  

As explained here, the priority has been given for the Delivery Country, if defined.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera , I have already raised a case.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Xavier Fernando - not sure what your answer has to do with my issue on Mixed Payments?

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Xavier Fernando - not sure what your answer has to do with my issue on Mixed Payments?

Thanks

Linda

Oh Sorry , this is the explanation on “Does anyone know what drives the Company Tax ID Number field in Tax Transactions,” and i did not notice “ please, against Mixed Payment transactions (Apps9)?” part. That is my bad. Anyway, I could notice case G2269090 already accepted for investigation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera , I have already raised a case.

Hi @PRODQ ,

May I know the case ID please? 

I will continue the investigations via this case and get back to you with my findings on it.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Rumesha Chathurangi has already allocated the case to technical. 

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Linda,

As I explained to you, Company tax IDs are fetching from the company level basic data that you have entered within the system. Problematic situation here is to identifying the basis of selecting the company Tax ID for the tax transactions generated from Direct cash payments.

As you correctly mentioned, individual tax transaction line does not have an address neither direct payment transaction line. I checked whether it is fetching based on the Currency code. Seems there is no such relationship as well. Therefore,  I raised this to technical team.

Hope they will get back to us soon.:relaxed:

Best Regards

Rumesha

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Yes, thanks, @Rumesha Chathurangi I am looking forward to finding out what the technical team say.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

G2269090 Unable to be investigated by R n D as we are out of support for Apps9