Solved

choosing multiple parameters in the business reporter

• 28 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi I tried to setu up the Parameters for Selecting the compan and customer group. 

Now i can only choose one customer group at the time. I would like to enter values like between or choosing several different customer group like in IFS for example: customer group 140;150;190;110 etc. 

I also would like to know how to setup the AR Balance. This means i would like to enter parameters here such as >0 >=0 and so on. Is this possible?

If Yes is there a some kind of Setup document for this particular request? I have a Powerpoint for the BR but it doesnt tell you how I setup the above Requirement.

Best Regards

Sophal

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 28 October 2021, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

This is possible to select multiple values by entering “Multi-Value” against the parameter

In regards to using values such as “between”, from your example, you probably want to create a parameter that’s going to be the “0” (and call it Control Amount or smth) in your example, but use it in the filters so that less than or larger than is applied to the columns. So the parameter = 0, but filter is set “where amount > &ControlAmount”.

Other options for achieving “between” values within parameters are:

1. Create 2 parameters - one for value FROM and the other for value TO and then use them as filters in your report using the between function
  2. If it’s possible (e.g. it’s always one month/year/day etc more or less, then you can create one parameter that user enters and another functional parameter which has a formula applied to it. You can add, substract, multiply, concatenate, divide etc. within functional parameters

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I dont know if i understood corrrectly, i will try to ask in a different way.

I would like to set a Selektion before creating the report such as the below example. This means i choose 140 and 807

The selection works it divides it with semicolon

But my report doesnt show any value

I also activated then the Multiple value for this

How do I need to set now the Filter so the report shows me the data

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In order for the Multi-Value to work, you need to change your filter from “=” to be “IN”. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi it was a little bit wierd. first i removed the Mutli Value

then i choose the operator Equal and then customer group

result:

then i set back the multi value again

and replaced the = with IN

Now it works

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@IRituma 

is it somehow possible to set the condition this way so i can use an operator in point 1. How do i need to define the condition for using an operator in point 1?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Well done on the multi-value issue!

If you want to create the AR Balance as a parameter so that only customers are included in the report where the AR Balance is larger than whatever is defined when executing the report this is how i’d do it.

1. Create the parameter
  1. And then add it in the filter (either at sheet, row or excel book level - whichever makes sense) to say that AR balance has to be larger than or doesn’t equal the parameter. Depending on the scenario

If you simply want to exclude all customers where AR Balance is not 0, then you don’t need a parameter for it and you could add it simply as a filter