Question

Choose the projects to include in capitalization

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I have a question about the “Periodical Capitalization and Revenue Recognition” screen. Is it possible to choose the project to be included in an accounting period ? Or to unselect projets that already are retrieved.

For exemple in the screen attached to this question, is it possible to delete the projects selected ?

Best regards

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The rev rec / project capitalization process is intended to be a month end process.  You would typically create the record on the first day of the month (or last day) and IFS will then list all projects that are available for the process at that time. 

No, you can’t add or delete. You would run the process for all projects.  

For real life we do it this way so you don’t accidentally skip something / fail to complete a process that should be done for a given project. 

For testing - yes it would be NICE if we could manually add / remove, but that does not exist. For testing, I typically roll back, run and roll back multiple times to test what needs to be tested. After rolling back you can delete and create new.   In a test environment, it’s common to roll back many times, as we may want to test many different scenarios without needing to wait till next month. 

Best regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

As per my understanding of version 10/Cloud:

When periodical capitalization and revenue recognition procedure is defined, all projects qualifying for either periodical capitalization or revenue recognition or both will be loaded to Periodical Capitalization and Revenue Recognition Project window. Then user can select project/(s) to execute periodical capitalization and revenue recognition.

It should mean that you can leave some projects not executed, but there is no way to add any new project without restarting entire procedure.