Question

Changing voucher type

• 28 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

This is a tough one 

I have 2 companies setup in IFS. We raise an invoice (Voucher type I) from company A to B with VAT on because both have different VAT account. Then instead of making a payment we raise a credit note (Voucher type I) which should work as payment.

When we run the VAT return for company B it picks up both invoice and the credit note. Any suggestion how do i change the voucher type on the credit note so it doesn’t get picked up by the VAT return.

I will buy you coffee if you help me resolve this and you are in London !!!

Regards,

Sohail

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Sohail,

Is it a bad idea If suggest you to use the standard tax report filtering functionality to remove the credit invoice selection into vat return of company B. You can either use Tax account, Tax Book or Branch even.. for this purpose.

A quick thoughts to grab your coffee..  :-)

Best Regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

hm!!!

Not a good try to have coffee !!!

Thanks for the reply. Happy to have a coffee. where are you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Again,

If you want to change the voucher type when creating a credit note, you can first create a different voucher type connecting to the function group I. Then use it manually when creating the credit note.

But I do not understand how you prevent it is being reported via  your vat return just by having a different voucher type. 

Don't you use IFS Tax ledger solution for preparing your tax return ? .. or is it something else.

If you are using IFS tax ledger, then it would be ideal solution to use the tabs in tax reports to filter the transactions. It is so easy to define which transactions to be excluded.

Best regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

i will try the tax ledger route. Currently i change the date on the transactions to submit my return today and will deal with those later. Kind of what you were suggesting as well to move the issue for now to future.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sohail

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I am not sure why you have raised a credit note to work as payment instead of process actual payment, but perhaps you should simply use NOTAX tax code on credit note? Then you have to book the tax amount somewhere.