Solved

changing accounting calender

• 14 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

Our accounting calendar is set from 1st Jan. But for 2022 we are changing our accounting period and moving from calender month to 4-4-5.

But noticed that there are some periodic allocations that have gone in next year till sept 22. Is it possible to cancel these transaction and than change the accounting period. or will it say transactions linked to this to this period?

if this is case how do I change the accounting period.

Can anyone please give some help and advise on this. How I can change the accounting calender.

Thank you

Swati

icon

Best answer by Dedi Tjong 15 November 2021, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
I am afraid it is not possible to change accounting calendar if there are vouchers processed already. You need a support case and back-end intervention. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Swati, it is not possible to do from application. I suggest you to engage with partner or whoever knows how to manipulate the changes using sql script/back end as per Adam suggestion.  This usually a chargeable activity. I suggest you do this quickly as January is coming soon. You don’t need to cancel the X voucher (PCA), During the data manipulation script, you move these PCA to the 1st day of your new period date, therefore it stays in same accounting period and it won’t affect your accounting balance / Trial balance.

It is OK to change the voucher date as long as it is X, M or R vouchers since there is no other related transactions. But if you have other voucher type, you cannot.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you Adam and Dedi

Dedi, thank you, I will contact our  IFS partner to see if they can write a script, everything that's been posted in future period is only periodic allocation X type vouchers. This is good to know to that we can change the voucher date. now just need to figure out how to change the date :). we only went live few months so everything is all new to us at the min.

Once again thank you so much for your advise.

Thanks

Swati

Badge +14

Hi @Dedi Tjong, Could you please explain the effect of changing the accounting period of E vouchers.

In our case, the user has given us okay to delete those connected E vouchers if required.

Can we have your suggestion, which option is better to proceed.

Thank you in Advance!