Solved

Cash Box_Line status doesn't affect ending balance

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Dear colleagues, 

I have created a cash box following the next steps:

• Make a cash box ‘direct cash payment’, amount -500; manual post to account 6490, print cash receipt.
  • Approve cash box and then realized I put the wrong amount and I select the line and click ‘cancel cash receipt.’

Line status changed to ‘canceled’, but ending balance remain unchanged - I think this might be an error. Once you approve the cash box and the transaction is updated to GL, we can cancel only the transaction, but I think IFS is settled to show the actual balance with the last transaction, even if the transaction is cancelled.

In this case the transaction should not be cancelled once the Cash box it’s approved and the Actual Balance should change.

Could you please help me with some advice? You can find attach the cash box analysis with the error.

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 12 May 2023, 19:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

I think you should raise a ticket to IFS for this as it seems like a bug.

The cancel receipt option should be not allowed once it is approved. I think this is Cloud version and I have re-created this in 22R2.

In APP10 this issue is not there. Once approved the cancel cash recipt option is disabled.

Shehan Almeida.

Badge +1

Thank you very much for your answer! I think I would raise a ticket. Have a nice week ahead!