Solved

Cancel Period Allocation X Vocucher

• 5 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 

I have a period allocation for insurance costs that is posted in the GL for a number of periods in the future. I have done the period allocation in connection with creating a Manual Supplier Invoice. 

I have canceled the insurance and gotten a refund. So now I wish to cancel the coming X voucher. 

Any ideas on how to proceed? 

Best regards, 

Tobias Bringeback

icon

Best answer by Adam Mazurczak 5 October 2021, 09:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @ROXTOBBRI ,

if I understand you correctly, you have just cancelled manual supplier invoice, right?

In this case, system should create K voucher.

Have you updated this voucher to GL?

If not, you can find this voucher in window: Accounting Rules/Voucher/Manual Voucher/Voucher Entry. In this window, you can define period allocation for K voucher, which will reverse period allocation from source voucher.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ROXTOBBRI ,

if I understand you correctly, you have just cancelled manual supplier invoice, right?

In this case, system should create K voucher.

Have you updated this voucher to GL?

If not, you can find this voucher in window: Accounting Rules/Voucher/Manual Voucher/Voucher Entry. In this window, you can define period allocation for K voucher, which will reverse period allocation from source voucher.

Best regards,

Adam

Hi Adam, 

I have not cancelled the manual supplier invoice. Since I have used the insurance for some periods but now it’s cancelled. 

Could I create a manual K voucher for the remaining amount and do the period allocation and in that way reverse the cost? Even if the original voucher isn’t a M voucher? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Yes - in my opinion.

To be 100% sure, you can first try this scenario in any TEST environment to see if you will get results as accepted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Yes, I’ll do this in Test first and analyze the result. 

Thanks for the help. 

Best regards, 

Tobias