Solved

Can you change filename of the pdf attached to the emails sent via event actions?

• 5 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi All,

We have an event action that emails the customers the customer order invoice report.

When IFS attaches the invoice report pdf file, the file name has numbers that I think are random and has nothing to do with the invoice number. The number does not mean anything to us and our customers.

Question: Is there a way to replace this number on the invoice filename with the real invoice number?

The filename has a random number that is not related to the invoice number.

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 6 January 2022, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In my testing - I get different results. My file name is the invoice number. 

You can also include the parameter 6 with the email sting such as the subject. 

Is that file number the preliminary invoice number by any chance? 

Based on what I see, yes it is possible that the file name include the invoice number. It’s not due to the event, the event sends the PDF, another process creates the PDF. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Earlier it was not possible. But from APP8 LCS solution 215222 there was a framework feature introduced a new parameter called &PDF_FILE_NAME. The underline report code (RPI) can set the value to this parameters and then if the event action is created by using this parameter instead of &PDF_FILE under the “attach files” this name will be used. 

It is required to have this framework patch installed + the relevant product team’s report (RPI) has set a proper value (invoice number in your case) to this parameter. With this you can achieve your requirement by setting &PDF_FILE_NAME into the “attach files” box in event action. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello Rusiru, 

How do you set the invoice number to the &PDF_FILE_NAME parameter?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @brantmb ,

That needs to be done at the code level - by modifying the corresponding report definition RDF file of the report. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @brantmb ,

That needs to be done at the code level - by modifying the corresponding report definition RDF file of the report. 

You can change the file name inside the event action when using PLSQL event action type :sunglasses:

Here’s a code snippet to do that

declare
attach_modified_ VARCHAR2(32000);
begin

attach_modified_ := REPLACE('&PDF_FILE','&PDF_FILE_NAME','modified_text.pdf');

Command_SYS.Mail(from_user_name_ => '&REPLY_TO_USER',
to_user_name_ => '&PDF_PARAMETER_1',
text_ => 'your mail content',
attach_ => attach_modified_,
cc_ => '' ,
subject_ => 'test mail from IFS');
end;

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All, 

Rusiru Dharmadasa wrote:

Hi @brantmb ,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can this be accomplished by modifying the RDF?   Can you provide an example? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa

You mentioned that a framework patch must be installed in IFS v8. Is this patch already available in IFS version 10 and IFS Cloud?  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @tnamarcela, Yes. this is already included.