Question

Can the Cash Box functionality be used by non-finance users for their petty cash reimbursement?

• 7 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone!

I would like to know how are you implementing the cash box functionality in your companies.

Currently, our cashier is recording the petty cash received from employees.

But we also have other petty cash at site that is not going thru our cashier.

Can we ask those employees to record their petty cash in the Cash Box screen? Then once finance received those supporting documents, we can process the same?

This will eliminate the finance function to record those petty cash that those employees already encoded in Excel.

What can be the complications in this process? like control, mis-management, etc.

Or are there any other alternative process that you can recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Jaybee

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I would not recommend giving access to Cash Box functionality to non-finance users. And in general, if supporting documents (cash in-out, cash report) exist already in Excel, it would be better to register them in the system using regular mixed payment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

This is debatable. If you want to use the application for petty cash payment, then it is cash box not the mixed payment. IFS petty cash functionality comes with its own control for handling petty cash that you do not find in mixed payment.

It is true that it has some controls ( can not back date transactions,  impossible to cancel the cash related transactions… etc). But those are expected when handling petty cash payments.

In my opinion, the finance department can organize a training session for all the cashiers who handle petty cash in different departments and show them what to be done. So it is a matter of learning.

They should not worry about the vouchers and other accounting functionalities underneath. 

Once again this is my opinion only...  not to argue or deny any opinion here...!!!

Best Regards,

Chirantha.