Question

Business Reporter: Column Repeater with Year-to-Date Value

• 8 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I have created a report which the ‘GL Balance’ column is set as a repeater and with ‘Year’ being the input, it shows each period correctly. Now I need to show the Year-to-Date value in the each repeating period.

I am not sure how to give this logic in the column filter as it is the repeater that determined the bottom period.

The customer is using IFS V10 UPD6.

Any ideas?

Thank you - Pamith

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Pamith,

You could consider creating a parameter for the report based on Accounting Period and allow the end user to select / enter a value when they run the report. 

Go into your report design and in the column where you placed the GL Balance object / repeated for each year, add a filter…... so that the amount is equal to or less than the parameter value. 

Jason

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Pamith,

To create a report with year-to-date values per each accounting period, you could consider the following:

• Repeat all the necessary data in a single row, including Year Period
  • Create a title row above the repeater row
  • Create a pivot of the title row and the repeater row
  • Define the pivot x axis as you like and for y axis, use the year period. For values, use the GL balance and change how values are displayed to Running total from Year Period.

This way you’ll have a report with year-to-date values per each accounting period. If you need to show both the year-to-date as well as the single month value side by side, you can drag one more GL balance to the pivot value box.

Good luck & let us know if you succeed.

Br. Lauri

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

You can use the pre-built function parameters for returning the current Year and Period Field, apply a filter on your column referencing these parameters for transactions between period 0 and the current period returned.