Question

Automatic Posting stop auto reversing

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have created an automatic posting rule create a transaction when account 1590 is in posting control IP1.  When an invoice is created, it posts to 2000.  My client wants anything in Purchasing group (account 1590) to post to 2005.  

I created an automatic posting rule that looks at IP1 and if it has account 1950 in it, the transaction will debit 2000 and credit 2005.

The problem is that when it runs, it creates the transaction and then creates another transaction reversing the transaction. 

How can we stop IFS from creating a reversing transaction.  The reversing box is not check on the automatic posting rule. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

you can define in the GL Update Parameters the number of levels of automatic postings.

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
In automatic posting rule definition, you should have two flags:
- reverse posting (indicating that original entry triggering the rule is reversed - system automatically adds the one row to APR definition if checked) - value of this flag is not impacting the way rule is executed

- New automatic posting - indicating that result of the rule should trigger APR idependently.

It is this second flag “New automatic posting”, which should be unchecked to prevent loops, like in your case - your reversing entry triggers the same rule reversing reversal and so on...

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you. I found the problem.