Solved

Auto Cash

• 4 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Does anyone know the file format needed to load an Auto Cash File.  It says BAI, but i am not sure what the requirements are.

Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 6 December 2021, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Auto-cash is a US AR cash application solation.   That solution uses a very very old BAI file format. BAI format was replaced by BAI2 format If I remember correctly BAI2 started to replace BAI in the 1980’s. 

BAI2 is a more successful format in that it allows designation of payment amounts for a given invoice.  BAI only lists the invoices that are to be paid. 

IFS Auto cash does not support BAI2. 

Auto cash has many other processing limitations such that most clients using auto cash required modifications to get it working as expected.  It’s not the best cash application solution. 

Back in apps 7.5 (later service packs) IFS created a new solution to replace auto cash.  this is based on external payments (global solution) rather than a US only solution (auto cash). 

The new solution has been so successful that clients with extensive auto cash mods have been able to move to the new solution without issues.  Auto cash was dropped from IFS Aurena for apps 10. 

Rather than describing the auto cash BAI file structure, I would encourage the use of the new external payment solution based on external file formats and the CUP_USCUSCHK template. We would normally copy that template and create a more client friendly template that matches the data received. 

Hope this helps, 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you so much for your response.