Question

Assign FA Object on Purchase Order

• 25 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello. When a PO is created and a no part order line is entered, is it possible to assign a FA object to this line so that when it is received into the system, the FA object is activated and the acquisition value is set?  I would appreciate assistance/thoughts on this. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

hi there,

i would split your request in to steps

1. if you do not have in ifs standard a possibility to link an FA object in the PartNo OrderLine you can create a custom field with a reference to your fa object list as a list of values. 

→ when you create a line you can link a fa object.

1. custom event on the state (condition: only fire when received) pl SQL code and handle whatever you want like activating fa object and set values accordingly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Well, If i remember well, object id is indicated in PO Preposting and it is possible to prepost even a line with no part id. 

You must ensure in your posting control that such a line will be accounted on FA acquisition account. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Well, If i remember well, object id is indicated in PO Preposting and it is possible to prepost even a line with no part id. 

You must ensure in your posting control that such a line will be accounted on FA acquisition account. 

Adding to what Adam wrote,

if you activate posting M108 for FA code part, you can pre-post the FA. It has to be in ‘Investment’ state.

Then when you match the invoice, M93 will automatically pick the FA and post, which will add the acquisition value. You have to update GL and activate the asset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Anrei,

It is possible to add a object ID to the PO line under the pre-posting. For that you need to activate the relevant code part for Object under posting control M108.

If you want to to have the object values updated at the time of receiving you can setup M92 to fetch a acquisition account as follows.

However, since M92 is reversed when the receipt is invoiced, acquisition value will also get reversed. Therefore, you will have to do the same setup for M93. So that Acquisition value will be updated again properly once the invoice is posted. 

Or you can simply setup only M93 and object values will be updated when the invoice is posted. 

**Object activation is something that you need to do manually.

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.