Solved

Archive GL Voucher Process

• 16 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

My finance colleagues are having issues running GL Voucher Row Analysis despite having entered search criteria that would keep the output to a minimum.

This is specific to the voucher type ‘MPL’ and we know the likely cause is the volume of data contained in the table for this voucher type.

We currently have our DBA’s investigating performance but in the mean time I have come across the following closed post: 

Within this post, there is suggestion of an archiving process for GL Voucher Rows. I have very limited knowledge of the financial areas of IFS (but learning quickly), I wonder if anyone can advise WHERE and HOW this archiving might be run (if within the application)?

We are running Apps8 SP1.

Many thanks in advance!!

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 16 November 2021, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Take  a look at the archiving process. 

Typically you would start with the oldest data - 

I Tested this many years ago. if I remember correctly you can only archive fully completed / closed years.    The process was pretty easy. 

Test in TEST first. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks Thomas, I have found this and attempted to run for a single period for one of our companies within our test environment. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful, the job run for about 15 hours before I eventually killed the session. I think our issue fundamentally is the amount of data already in the table, I don’t believe we have ever archived any of these records so volume has been building from 2013 onward, total 1.3bn per company, on average 400mn per company.

It’s either this, or we are also considering that we have recently gone through a data centre migration and have had our instance of IFS rebuilt from scratch. It’s possible that a previous release has been missed in relation to GL Voucher Row Analysis which is affecting the querying of the data.

Frustrating either way and no doubt some level of housekeeping would have helped!!