Solved

APPS9 - Is there a way you can create a credit invoice for just part of the original customer invoice?

• 30 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Am not so familiar with the customer credit invoicing in IFS and am wondering how I can part credit a customer invoice? Is that possible or do I need to credit the full value of the invoice and then re-issue a new invoice for the correct amount?

We have scenarios when customers can accept a full delivery or choose to return part of the order, and we need to create credit invoices for just the part returned.

Thanks for help in advance

icon

Best answer by BLLBrucemo 30 September 2020, 15:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Partial credit is allowed for sure, I think you should use RMA (Return Material Authorization) to receive returned parts and then invoice/credit those. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks Adam!

In this scenario, we are not receiving the goods back into stock. Its often for a miscellaneous charge (Driver waiting time). We often settle for a reduced waiting time charge out of good-will.

I did find a way to do this btw! So I will mark this as sold.

If you create customer credit invoice - you will initially create a credit invoice in prelim state. We can then go to the customer credit and amend the invoice lines to credit back any lines we have invoiced.

So intention where the invoice is not for inventory goods is to use this method.