Question

Apps9: Is there a way to default the user ID on update GL vouchers screen?

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We would like the default from/to parameters to be the person who is logged in’s username

Currently puts the FIRST user by alphabet registered to the company and to being the last user by alphabet.

Is there anyway to default that so users can only update their own vouchers?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There might be an easier way, but if there are only a limited number of users who would do this proces - then I suggest creating a scheduled background job for this. It can be set to only be triggered manually. In this case users would not trigger Update GL Vouchers though the navigator but rather than from Scheduled Database tasks - RMB - Run.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks for the input. I think the problem is the users like the ability to run themselves using that screen as they can also query the vouchers they are updating first.

I def like the idea as a backup if it cant be defaulted as we could introduce a custom menu option to run the scheduled task

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Users could run the updates from “Voucher Entry” window thought the “Instant Update” RMB. This means that they can select multiple vouchers to update but they can actually see the detail of the postings. Sorry can’t help more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 

I agree with IRituma - perhaps we have here process design issue. Assumption that specific user will update to GL his own vouchers only does not look like best approach.. 

As per my understanding, GL update function is sensitive one. I like the solution where it is scheduled in regular intervals (updating all approved vouchers pending) and manual execution is restricted to specific accrual vouchers created during period closing, where time is crucial; that is achieved by specific end-user role and instant update is used in such a case. I am supporting environment with 50+ active companies, and we reached this design to answer complaints related to “GL update is already running” error message noticed when this function is run manually.