Question

APPS9 - Consolidated Accounts - problem transferring balances to Parent

• 18 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Has anyone had experience of setting up/using  the ‘old’ Account Consolidation module?

‘Consolidated Accounts’

We’re in the process of configuring it and getting issues when attempting to transfer the Subsidiary  Company Balances across to the Parent Company. I.e. there is no RMB to do it!

I can’t see anything in the on-line documentation but I wonder whether there is a ‘gotcha’ on the set-up?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

When setting up the consolidation process, I always suggest testing with the snapshot functionality.  - It is the best / fastest way to see if the process works and to see what set up issues you have. Furthermore, snapshot can run at any time, multiple times.

The consolidation process requires the month to be closed at the subs.  It blocks you from sending balances when the period is still open / in process.  

Taking a guess, the period status may be blocking the “actual” consolidation process.  Snapshot has no such limitations.  I’m not suggesting Snapshot as the solution, simply a very good way to test the process / data.  

Best regards

Thomas