Solved

Advanced Invoice - Tax Rate Differences

• 21 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We are currently on IFS Apps 10, update 14 utilizing the Vertex Tax software.  When creating an Advanced Invoice with lines with different tax rates, the system will not auto calculate tax.  We get a message that tax must be entered manually but we can’t enter manually on an Advanced Invoice.

Example: Part line is taxable in the state Virginia (USA) but freight is not considered taxable.  I need the freight to be included in the total of the Advanced Invoice.  How can I accomplish?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 21 February 2023, 20:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

From a US perspective - 

Typically, the advance invoice would be seen as a non-tax event.   The gross amount of the customer order would be the value for the advanced invoice.   Not Advance invoice for 100 + 7 Tax. 

The advanced invoice would typically be 107 with no tax.   If we charge tax in on the advance invoice, then tax reporting would include the advance invoice as a sale - it’s not a sale. It’s simply a request for a down payment (deposit). 

IFS has a setting - as to what values drive the advance invoice.  I’m late for a meeting - else I would include a print screen. Sorry. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Did you find the setting that sets the basis for the advance invoice?   If not, later today, I can send print screen. I’m in another meeting now. 

Best regards