Question

ACR voucher type journal import

• 1 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello All,

I would like to know about importing Accrual journals in to IFS 10. I have imported  Journal in external voucher analysis and this is accrual journal in period 4 and it’s been created and posted and I can see in GL voucher analysis but the question is I want this journal reverse automatically in period 5 for which I can’t find any option to see the reversal in period 5 as I get in manual voucher entry.

Can anybody please help?

Many thanks

Fenee

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Feneeshah 

Hi, have a look at Accounting Rules/Voucher/Manual Voucher/Voucher Entry

Enter you journal details and once the voucher has been saved, RMB in the header section of the voucher and select Interim Voucher

You will then be prompted to confirm the details of the reversing journal. This will automatically date the entry the first day of the month following the date of the original voucher.  

I hope this helps.

Regards

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

https://your.system.url:{port_no}/ifsdoc/documentation/en/Accrul/frmMultiCompanyEntryVoucher.htm

Badge +1

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

This answer is for new manual journal entry which we want to post as reversal but my question is for long journal which includes 50 lines for costs I want to accrue and for that I need to import the journal (Text -MS-DOS) and I want that journal reversed automatically in next period. I import the journal and created voucher but if I look at next period no reversal is there. The above answer is for manual voucher entry but I cant put in that 50 lines one by one which is very time consuming.

I hope you understand what I am trying to achieve here.

Many thanks

Fenee

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Interim voucher functionality works for any manual voucher not yet updated to GL, either created line by line manually or imported through external voucher tab. As far as I can tell, there is no AUTOMATIC feature of accrual reversal for vouchers in GL already. You can create manual voucher copying GL Voucher rows, but it is process manually triggered.