Question

2 voucher related to same voucher source

• 16 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello All,

Can some explain the funciton of the field Mpccom_Accounting_id in the view: GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW_UNION_QRY.

I have a situation where 2 different voucher_number which have the same voucher_type (MPR)

have the same value in the Mpccom_Accounting_id

On voucher is created in Oktober 2022 and the otherone in November 2022.

Is it normal that there duplicates in the field Mpccom_Accounting_id when vocuher number are different?

How can that happen?

How to solve that?

Regards,

Raymond

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would say “under certain conditions”, this is normal. 

MPCCOM Accounting is the identifier created when a transaction is created. It essentially links the accounting id to the transaction ID.   Transaction id being the inventory transaction, labor transaction or similar.  Generally - you always get accounting effects from a given operational transaction. Exceptions to this exist, that’s a different topic.  

OK - to continue with why 2 different vouchers.    This can happen when the accounting value changes after the transaction “and” after the transaction was transferred., or example assume the original transaction was a PO arrival and the part is set as weighted average with invoice consideration being set as transaction based.   The PO arrival created a cost transaction.  Assume that transaction was transferred. Later or next month the invoice is processed with a different cost.  IFS will then go back and revalue the original posting. But because the original transaction was already transferred, we create new posting lines tied to a new voucher (assuming another transfer). 

IMO - nothing to solve.  I guess you could delay the transfer until after all the additional cost are reported, but that would cause many other issues. I don’t believe you should delay the transfers.  

In short, it is normal, under some conditions, to have two voucher numbers for the same MPCCOM accounting ID. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for this explaintion.

The transaction was in this case booking of hours on a project.
The hours are made in the week of 17-10 of 2022 and are first booked in the week of 24-10 of 2022.
The second voucher was made on 30-11 where the same hours are linked.
That's a month later. That's strange in my upion.

I can't see a situation why this can happen.

All other hours are just booked normal

Regards Raymond