Question

U16 Upgrade failing

• 25 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

Trying to install IFS 6 U 16 to our Deve environment, get the same issue locally on my own PC as well. Have set up Powershell 7.2 and .Net Framework is correct at 4.8 as well but am getting “Invoke-SqlCmd’ is not recognised as the name of cmdlet etc.

What am I doing wrong ?

Also on all these updates, when running it, why do I get a message that says “Start: The System cannot find the file specified” when I select Deploy FSM Components on-premise, it appears three times and I hit ok, doesnt fill me with confidence.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Mark,

have you installed the SQL Management Studio on your Application Server / local PC? You need to have at least the SqlCmd installed, if you don’t want to install the whole SSMS. It is also described in the Installation documentation in the pre-requisites section.

Re the message: Did you try to fetch the FSM Installer Log by hitting ctrl+l and see, if there is more information which file can’t be found?

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @J4CKO ,

Are you sure whether you have installed  the SQL Server Powershell Module in your environment? This is of course seems to be the problem here.

Could you open up your powershell command window as administrator and enter this command.

Import-Module sqlserver

You should have internet enabled in your machine to perform this. 

Badge +2

Hi Roman, yes, SSMS is installed on both.

Badge +2

Am getting this when I try and install it,

PS H:\> Install-Module -Name SqlServer
WARNING: Unable to resolve package source 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/vdesk/agent_decision_box_confirm_box.eui?state=000fffff1e61646a'.
Install-Package: No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'SqlServer'. Try Get-PSRepository to see all available registered module repositories.

I think its blocked due to security reasons, so no chance on my PC never mind the server as no way that will be able to get onto the internet, have manually downloaded it but struggling to get it installed, any suggestions ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @J4CKO,

Can you try running

Register-PSRepository -Default
Register-PSRepository -Name PSGallery -InstallationPolicy Trusted -SourceLocation "https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2/" -Verbose

And then follow that with

Import-Module sqlserver

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Badge +2

Hi got it to go past the Invoke-sqlcmd error but now it says

“verifying sqlcmd utility”

Cannot Find SQLCMD Utility! Please access this site and install the correct version for your system.

https:/Microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53591

Cannot continue until this completes, press a key to exit,:

I thought I had cracked it, got it working locally on my Laptop and have moved to the Dev Server, had to download “sqlserver.21.1.18256.nupkg” which seemed to have done the trick but now getting the error above.

Out servers cant connect to the internet.