Question

The FSM Lobbies Stuck Issue

• 6 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Dear FSM experts,

One of our customers is currently experiencing the following issue, and I would appreciate your assistance.

The problem pertains to the FSM Lobby. Some lobbies are used to display task statuses that appear to be stuck. When clicked, they lead to the task list screen, and records are correctly displayed. This issue is persistent across all environments: development (dev), testing (test), and production (prod). Therefore, it is important to identify the root cause and address it. This problem appears randomly, irrespective of roles and environments (Smart Client & Web Client). 

Does anyone have any idea about the possible reasons for this issue?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Amandi Soysa

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@Paul Drennan @ruben.maas  appreciate if you could comment on a direction to investigate this issue. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Kalpani,

Does this occur when the Smart/Web Client have been left inactive for X minutes?

This could be a timeout issue.  I would check the client and session timeout application parameters.  Whatever value they are set to, leave the Smart/Web client for that time then check the Lobby.  If it occurs then this is the issue.

Also, have you enabled the server log to check for any exceptions?  

I would also check to see if the Lobbies are connected to any custom views/tables.  If custom views and tables are being used, please investigate the tables/views ideally in SSMS, but if you do not have access, then in the FSM SQL viewer and see how long it takes to return data from the table/view.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Amandi 

What version is this?

There were a few improvements and bug fixes in the last couple of UPD patches.

I would recommend testing with UPD25 or UPD26 and see.

Cheers!

Badge +1

Hi @Paul Drennan,

Upon attempting to replicate the reported issue, we were unable to experience the problem in our environments. Additionally, the customer is a cloud user.

The issue persists even with the Smart/Web Client active and seems to occur randomly, irrespective of roles. Since we have been unable to replicate the issue, server logs haven't been checked on our end. I will request the customer to provide server logs for further investigation.

Furthermore, I've reviewed the FSM SQL viewer, and it seems there are no issues with retrieving data from the table /view. 

Thank you very much for your response.

Best Regards,

Amandi Soysa

Badge +1

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

The version is UPD 26

Thank you very much for your response.

Best Regards,

Amandi Soysa