Question

System Monitoring of a UserDef DTTM file to create an Event when the current date = date defined in the field.

• 8 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Excuse the title it meant to say Field not File.. :-)

I was wondering if I could have a little guidance and support?

In FSM, I’d like to know how we can monitor a UserDef or existing DTTM field?

What we need is that when a particular date entered in the field = the actual date an event can be created? Once the event is created, I know we can pick that up and change the status to whatever it is we need. (That’s the easy part). :-)

Many thanks in advance and please do not hesitate to come back to me if this doesn’t make sense?

Best regards, 

Angelo

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If this is something related with a table other than request, and you don’t need to trace the changes, the best way could be a business rule to trigger the current datetime with an expression and pass it to your user_def_dttm when the date value is entered in your desired field. Either you can do it in xml message it self if it’s a xml rule (pass @expression[Today()]) or in the expression section in the output column if it’s a value BR (pass Today() ).

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AngeloPav,

I think what you need is for the business rule output to generate a schedule with the trigger time equal to the date in the relevant field.

I know this is done when an escalation hierarchy is setup so FSM is able to generate scheduled events in this way but I have not seen it done outside of that escalation process. If you are able, I would see if you can take a look at the script that the escalation hierarchy fires and tweak it to fit your needs. Then set that as your XML output of the business rule and be sure to also amend some part of the business rule input as part of the output to prevent the script looping.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @AngeloPav 

For example, if you need to create an event in a request, when you change the date in request.user_def_dttm1, you may use the business rule 02, add your rule and add inputs. Then inside the rule when defining rule conditions, you may define an expression to trigger the day “today”. To achieve that, you may use the function “Today()” with operand as your expression. When evaluated, the expression returns a value that is used to evaluate the rule input and will create an event as output.

You may use the help document in Business rule screen as well. Hope this may give you an idea to try your requirement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @AngeloPav ,

Have you referred to FSM audit process where you can trace the field changes (in your case, user_def_dttm1 field) metrix_audit table? If this is the case, please you may refer the last document shared by @Kalpani Dissanayake in this thread in whichshe has explained this process in detail.

If it is related to some other requirement, could you please describe a bit more about this?