Question

Syncing of FSM6u16 with locked Android Device

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

It was brought to my attention from our Field Engineers that FSM Mobile Version FSM6u16 does not sync when the Android Device (using Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3) running Android 12. 

Is there a work around for this?

Our Techs work out of data coverage as are underground. They add lots of Notes and Attachments whilst not having data. The device in most cases will screen lock before they are in coverage. This potentially causes issues as the data is not sync’d even though they are now in coverage. 

Has anyone experienced this and can suggest a solution?

Thanks, 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Angelo,

do you have enabled the Push Notifications through Azure Notificaiton Hub as described in the FSMMobileMessagingGuide?

By enabling this you will have the background sync capability as described in the guide:

“The Background Sync feature responds to a silent notification by initiating an immediate sync cycle when the application is in the background. The sync cycle requests messages from the server, and when the NOTIFY messages are received, they are alerted on the mobile device. Background Sync also processes normal data synchronization messages to both upload data to and download data from the FSM Server.”

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

Thanks for the response. 

We are not using Azure. FSM is installed on locally on prem….

regards

Angelo

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

This feature can be used on-prem or in Cloud but always requires Azure Notification Hub.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Roman, 

I am not too knowledgeable in this area. I don’t think we use Azure..

The mobile app just talks through our firewalls to the Web Server running IIS.

best regards

Angelo