Question

Surveys Related to Person or Custom Object

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hello Community,

Is there a way to have surveys available to mobile users at any time? For example related to the person record? or maybe a custom object?

The use case is fatigue management.

As a mobile user, I would like to report on my fatigue status. For that I need to open a survey and fill in a few questions and save the survey. This can be at any time of the day.

What is the best solution here? 

Cheers! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

I do not believe it is currently possible to attach surveys to a Person or custom object like this.

Surveys in FSM were originally for customer satisfaction responses and have evolved from there which is why the options for them are to be on customer related elements e.g. tasks or the customer themselves.

If this could be seen as a sort of extended status for the technician then perhaps you could use userdef fields on the Person table and sync this to mobile. You could then have a Business Rule that triggers on these fields changing to report on this as required.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Thanks for the reply.

This is not just a simple UDF, there are some questions to answer to determine fatigue status.

For example:

How many hours have I worked?

How many out of these hours are over-time?

How many hours have I slept the night before?

Any symptoms? (headache, weakness, etc.)

etc.

These needs to be saved for future auditing in case of an accident/issue that happened to the tech.

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

By the way,

Is there a way to attach a survey to a task and not to a task template?

Ad-hoc kind of functionality.

Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I don’t know too much about surveys, but you could create a new table in the db to store these values.  You could display the entries in a new tab on the person screen and could create a new mobile screen to input the values.  With a little scripting I think you could create exactly what you’re looking for.