Question

Service Contract - Work Task Template on Service Contract Line Execution

• 20 February 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I’m wondering about the process of using a Work Task Template for a Service contract (through PM actions). I noticed that I can enter my Work Task Template when I create the Service Contract Line, but that does not seem to do anything… I need to add the Work Task template again when I am creating the Pm action > ‘Jobs and Templates’, otherwise WO generation does not use the Work Task Template.

So my question is: what is the use of adding the Work Task Template under the Service Contract line  ‘Execution’ ? What is the added benefit? 

The details process steps I used:

So I started to create my Service contract and adding Service Contract Line. On the Line you can add the Work Task Template under ‘Execution’.

Under the details of the Service Contract Line you can see that this is connected:

Once I have this I can select that Service Contract Line and create a PM Action where I can enter the frequency of the Preventive maintenance Visits.

Now I go into the details and look at the ‘Jobs and Templates’ tab - it is still empty…. And I have to add the Work Task Template again in order for Wo Creation to work with the Work taks Template….

So that last steps seems to make the initial Work Task Template connection useless...

Best Regards

Roel

0 replies

Be the first to reply!