Question

Return option in MWO

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi

In MWO, there is an option “Return” that comes after assignment is marked complete. What’s the use of it? I could see that the task disappears from MWO screen BUT I am unable to delete the assignment now.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Also, I am unable to edit the assignment or add any new assignment, basically I wanted to work for a scenario when FSE completes his job but later realizes that it is not done & assignment needs to be extended/new assignment needs to be created. So Return does not fit there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If you choose Return, a new time transaction will be started and the work order will be completed. The work order status will be changed to Return Travel and it will be displayed in mobile client. The return button displayed for work order will be replaced with complete return travel button and when it is pressed the time will be completed and the work order status in mobile client will be changed to work done.

Once you mark the job as complete, the assumption is that it is really done. Not sure if there is an option to “re-open” the task, wouldn’t the customer be surprised if the service is completed and signed and then the FSE starts booking more T&M? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I thought of scenario where customer is not satisfied with the work & wants more service from FSE after FSE has completed the task, so Reopen comes. I thought may be “Incomplete” will work in that case but noticed that the option does not come after Completed. It comes in work started phase.

Anyway, this brings 1 question that I was looking -Is the service report contains time entries only when task is completed like I saw cases where FSE fills time entries & generates service report but it does not contain the entry until task is marked completed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi alexander

I probably could not follow how “return travel” option works. I had a task which I completed & during completion, I entered return travel hrs in it. The normal hrs showed up in browser but return time did not show. See below screenshots. After completion, I clicked on return button, then the task also disappeared from MWO & no hrs are visible on browser.

return travel hrs on MWO

I want the ability for FSE to add return travel (which will be future) before marking the task to complete so that the hrs are captured in the task & customer signs them before FSE leaves the rig.