Question

Resource Scheduling on Work Orders and Shop Orders

• 28 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I have a resource that is working on both Shop Orders (Production) and Work Orders (Field Service Engineer).

Case:

• a field service engineer that has no immediate work orders will jump in and help the production guys. We want to be able to schedule this.
  • A Production resource is required to go on-site to a customer because of his specific expertise and will need to be assigned to a work order

Shop Order planning is done through Advanced Planning Board.

Work Order planning is done with Allocate Resource and Resource Monitoring Gantt.

Problem:

On APB, I can see my production resource/Field service engineer but I do not see when he is assigned to a Work Order(s).

On allocate Resource: I can see my production resource but I do not see already scheduled Shop Orders.

Is there a way to have these 2 planning methods interact and at least show that Person X is working on a Work Order/Shop Order and is unavailable at that specific time?

Best Regards

Roel

5 replies

Badge +4

Hello, 

We are wondering the same thing. Did you ever get this reseolved?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello, 

No, so far we have no solutions for this scenario.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I think this is a very common scenario in many companies that is not properly supported in IFS.

I suggest to create an idea to let the community vote for it.

Badge +4

Hello, 

No, so far we have no solutions for this scenario.

THank you for the response @Timmermans Roel 

@JohannesWittwer That is a good idea. There are many planning screens, but it’s hard to find the best one and how they all interact.

Do either one of you use the PSO module?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

I think this is a very common scenario in many companies that is not properly supported in IFS.

I suggest to create an idea to let the community vote for it.

Idea created: Integrated Planning tool for all employees | IFS Community