Resource buckets in PSO

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi,

We are trying to add some resource buckets in PSO, to schedule the activities in a better way.

However, we see two different issues which we wonder how to solve:

1. When commiting activities to the resource bucket, the DSE overwrites the changes made, so that the activities are uncommited again. In the documentation it says that you should “simply click on the desired bucket shift and then click on 'Make Bulk Changes' at the top of the resulting pop-up.” In our version of PSO however, there are no “Make Bulk Changes” button, as far as I can see.
  2. Is there any way that you can “link” persons/resources to the resource bucket. What I want to achieve is that I can commit a bulk of activities to the resource bucket, and that the technician who is linked to the resource bucket is able to find these in the Mobile App.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Resource buckets are meant for allocation of work to a third party mostly. This means there is no real ‘ordering’ of activities; the bucket is simply a placeholder for a bunch of committed activities. The third party representing the bucket is then responsible for organizing his own work schedule.

Judging from the second question it sounds more like you are you looking for the Teams functionality? Here, you assign resources to a team, after which you assign the activities to that same team. If we are talking about resources internally, I would almost always recommend this function over the resource buckets option.

If you really want to utilize the resource bucket functionality (and the order in which they are done doesn’t matter) you should be able to select multiple activities at once by holding the control key, after which you can edit (commit) them all once. See a screenshot from the documentation here:

After this, you can make any bulk changes you require:

The available options depend on the version of PSO you have installed; I know throughout version 6.8 there were various bugfixes released for manual scheduling and bulk changes. PSO 6.9 (released last week) added further options for bulk changes.

Hopefully this helps!

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I can see that I actually have the “Bulk Activity Change”, but the result is still the same, after commiting all the tasks that are in the bucket, the DSE is overwriting the changes made, and resets the status to Allocated once again. We are using PSO 6.7.0.30, I saw that there were lots of bug fixes to this in 6.8, so I guess that might solve the issue

Regarding the “linking” of resources to the buckets, I think you might misunderstood a bit. What I need to understand, which might be easier when solving the issue with commiting the activities, are what is happening to the task in FSM, when the activity is commited to the bucket resource in PSO. In FSM, there needs to be an owner on the task to set task status “Committed”, but the Resource Bucket is not a Person in FSM. 

Hopefully that made some sense!