Solved

resource analysis in IFS cloud showing future dates

• 12 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

In work task reporting in service management module, user cant fill the hours in future date which is understood but when I am going to resource analysis, it is showing the calendar from future date only, why? I wanna see how many hrs are logged by resource in the past.

icon

Best answer by Johan Lagerström 14 November 2022, 17:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @anushakh ,

Resource Analysis shows resource capacity, planned and allocated resource demands. It does not display reported hours.

From the page help:

“When working with resources available to multiple projects, project managers and other activities there is a possibility of resources being over-allocated. In order to prevent that, the Resource Analysis page can be used to analyze all resource demands and to find overloads in the resource structure.”

Therefore, as Resource Analysis is used for planning resource demand, only future dates are displayed in the page. 

Hope this will clarify your doubts.😊

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Thank u so much, I feel it works but I still have some doubt. I allocated 40 hrs to TEST RESOURCE from 20-21 Nov, also I allocated 50 hrs from 22 Nov-24 Nov but it does not show all in analysis screen

Also, the data table is totally empty

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There is a command in the Resource Analysis page called ‘Refresh Snapshot’, if you run this the capacity and allocations should be updated and shown.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Johan

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

yes it works, thank u so much...

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Is there a way/screen to check work tasks assigned to any resource/tasks done by any resource?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @anushakh ,
You can use Resource Monitoring Gantt screen to see work assignments and their progresses.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Thanks Nethmini, I will try this.