Question

Repair WO - error message

• 13 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Our customer is using the APPS10 - Repair WO assistant to generate repair WO’s. However we are running into an error message and we’re not sure why it happens. The error statement is: “Work Tasks cannot be created for Objects in Object Level SITE’.

Unfortunately I dont have a clue which object is referred to.

The Serial Object we are using is ‘10005601-4010’. This object itself has no level. It is attached to Functional Object M507 which is on Object Level ‘SYSTEM’, which is already 3 levels below ‘SITE’ as you can see from the attached printscreens. And the Object ‘TOOL’ is defined as level ‘BUILDING’ which is also 1 below ‘SITE’.

Does anybody have any hints to this error? AM I overlooking something here?

Best Regards

Roel

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

We have found the reason for the error but we are still not sure why this is set-up like this.

So our Repair Workshop ‘TOOL’ is an Object Level ‘BUILDING’. When creating a repair work order using the repair WO assistant for a serial part, apparently IFS tries to create a Work Order with 2 tasks (one for returning from InFacility to InInventory), one for moving from ‘In Inventory’ to ‘In Repair Work Shop’.

The Reported Object ID and the Actual Object ID of the 1st work task use the object ID 1 level higher then ‘TOOL’ = ‘BE011’ which jas Object level ‘SITE’. This is the reason of the error.

So we are able to avoid the error by creating a new Functional Object ‘TOOL Workshop’ with Object level ‘INFRASTRUCTURE’ and moving it under ‘TOOL’. Using ‘Tool Workshop’ in the Repair WO assistant solves the issue.

But I’m still curious why we need the first task to have a Reported object ID one level higher then the Repair Workshop object ID. Anybody any ideas on this?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Does anybody have an answer to this question?

“why we need the first task to have a Reported object ID one level higher then the Repair Workshop object ID. Anybody any ideas on this?”

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans