Solved

PSO Update Issue - Scheduling Web Interface

• 8 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

We are an Apps 10 customer using PSO version 6.9.0.22.

We use Scheduling Web Interface within our apps setup for IFS to communicate with PSO

We have just updated PSO in our TEST environment to 6.10.0.12, and post update IFS is no longer able to communicate with PSO. It would appear IFS Scheduling Web Interface is no more based on not seeing it within IIS settings of the PSO Server compared to Live environment. 

I reviewed the release notes PDF, and I can see in release 6.10.0.4 “Removal of Scheduling Web Interface and changes to other components to work with .net6”

My question is, how do I resolve our problems and what is the alternative method to use now going forward within Apps to allow the communication to work again?

icon

Best answer by roklde 9 November 2022, 09:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Shaun,

you can still use the Web Interface as a proxy to the RESTful Gateway. This can be achieved by running a 6.9 Installer in “Web Interface” Install Mode.

Best regards
Roman

Badge

Hi Shaun,

you can still use the Web Interface as a proxy to the RESTful Gateway. This can be achieved by running a 6.9 Installer in “Web Interface” Install Mode.

Best regards
Roman

Hi Roman, 

Could you please provide a little more detail on how this might be achieved? we are currently using 6.7 with Apps9 but would like to upgrade to a newer version when we get access to Apps10.

Many thanks,

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi David,

this is taken from the release enhancements document:

“The IFS Scheduling Web Interface has been removed from the product, and it is no longer possible to
install this component. For integrations that rely on the web interface, it is possible to continue using this
service as a proxy to send data to a cloud system. To achieve this the web interface only should be
installed locally using a version 6.9 installer, and configured to send data on to the main PSO system
(cloud or on premise). This can all be done via the installer 'Web Interface' option. See the release 6.9
installation guide for details.”

You can find 6.9 documentation here:

Best regards
​​​​​​​Roman

Badge

That's Great, thanks Roman,