Solved

PSO Resource current location

• 26 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Experts,

We would like PSO to display the Resource current location on the map. We can capture the current Lat and Long (GPS) of the resource then I am not sure how to feed this into PSO then under which parameters?

Normally we keep/change fixed location details like Resource Start and End location but how we can handle the resource current GPS location data?

Thank you,

KM

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 27 March 2024, 12:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Are you using PSO with IFS Cloud/MWO, FSM, or a custom upstream system/mobile app? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

Found this in the Schema Guide.

Entity: Schedule_Event (Input)
These record events against resources. The type of events are defined in event types and relate to what
happens when the system is interacting dynamically with mobile devices.
When event type id = FIX then any of location id or latitude and longitude can be supplied to provide the
current location of the resource. The columns will be processed in the same way as for location.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

That’s why I asked about your upstream system. :-)  If you can send messages from an external system, here’s a sample message from Postman.

{{baseUrl}}/api/v1/scheduling/data?dataType=SCHEDULE&waitForCompletion=true&includeOutput=true&compressed=false&submitCompressed=false

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<dsScheduleData xmlns="http://360Scheduling.com/Schema/dsScheduleData.xsd">
<Input_Reference>
<id>GPS_Fix</id>
<datetime>2022-03-01T07:00:00+01:00</datetime>
<input_type>CHANGE</input_type>
<dataset_id>.....</dataset_id>
<account_id>.....</account_id>
</Input_Reference>
<Schedule_Event>
<id>R10-GPS-FIX</id>
<event_type_id>FIX</event_type_id>
<resource_id>R10</resource_id>
<latitude>48.158318</latitude>
<longitude>11.828493</longitude>
<date_time_stamp>2022-03-01T09:00:00+01:00</date_time_stamp>
<event_date_time>2022-03-01T09:00:00+01:00</event_date_time>
</Schedule_Event>
</dsScheduleData>

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

Many Thanks. One additional question.

How we can grab this Location ID into the picture. if I deined it as below, PSO given an error as it could not find such a location.

I was expecting that this Would this update this Last known location but how it works exactly.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Why do you need a location in your message at all? There is a resource start/end location and an activity location (and you don’t want to update those), but the GPS Fix is independent.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

What is the purpose of this Last known location as we have Home Location too in the same? I was expeting to see this changed based on last GSP data, but if you say it is independant still I would like to know how this Last known location function work and how this Location_ID data can be sent in the <schedule_event>.

Thanks You,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This is the situation at the beginning of the day:

After sending the GPS Fix last known location remains as the tech’s home location, but you see the GPS Fix in the Gantt and on the map:

When the technician starts working. Last Known Location is updated with the activity location:

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

Perfect explanation, highly appreciate for your support as always.

Best Regards,

Kasun