Skip to main content
Solved

PSO/MSO - Resource Not Available

Hi There,

Could someone please put me in a right direction on the below issue. No recourses ( work center & labor class employees) loaded to PSO workbench after executing finite scheduling due to which shop orders are not getting scheduled.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@EqeMithuV Hi!

The schedule time is from 14/06/24 - I assume there might be an issue with the connection between IFS Cloud and PSO. Please check the PSO Events and IFS Cloud Application Messages.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @roklde ,

Thank you for the prompt response!

I have run the finite scheduler again now and I can see background job, application message & scheduled output data everything in good order. Don't know what is going wrong. I also checked the PSO events and all the events related to MSO are enabled. I am trying this in a newly created site and it has only one shop order with one work center and labor class.

Also did follow the below setup as per IFS help guide 

1. import MSO profile in PSO work bench
  2. Created MSO site 
  3. Check the server connectivity - it is connected
  4. Backgrounds job are getting triggered and in Ready status
  5. Application messages are getting triggered and in Finished status 
  6. Create a work center with finite scheduling 
  7. Create Labor class with finite scheduling 
  8. Created a structure & routing 
  9. Created shop order and used finite scheduling 
  10. Now I can see shop orders as activities in PSO work bench but are unallocated
  11. Receive response from PSO and shop order operation schedule status updated  to Unscheduled.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Do you see any errors or warnings in the PSO Events? You have to go to the Administration Workspace and then open “Events”. You can filter them by warnings and errors.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Mithun, are there any Resources and Shifts in the LOAD file being sent from IFS Cloud to PSO ?

If they are not present then the fault is within the setup of data in IFS Cloud or the integration between the two systems.

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @roklde ,

Sorry I had mistaken event to Schedule optimization triggers in my previous comment. Now I have checked the event in PSO workbench as per your instruction and could not find any events for the datasets which are related to MSO. Usually when I create a MSO site in IFS cloud a new dataset will be create in PSO workbench e.g. MFG_Site_ID.

I am pretty new to PSO, I am trying MSO finite scheduling using a PSO server which is already in use. I create a MSO profile first and connected my datasets to MSO profile.

I am sure that I am missing some setups here!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomgreenwood ,

Could you please guide me on how to check the load file.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Mithun, yes - you can check the contents via the audits screen in the Archive workspace.

Filter on your dataset and search for LOAD. For example here I have filtered on the 205 dataset and searched for LOAD:

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomgreenwood ,

Thanks !! 

Yes, I can see the resource in the load file. Attached the load file for your reference

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Mithun,

The problem is that the Shift_Type has a negative duration so the DSE isn’t able to create any shifts using the Shift_Pattern you have defined:

I corrected this to 8 hours in the load file and re-sent to PSO, it is now able to create shifts and schedule activities to the resources:

So - it looks like an issue with the data that has been setup in IFS Cloud for the Shift Type.

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tomgreenwood ,

You are a super hero!!!

Its working now. After your input I have thoroughly checked my work time calendar and found minor glitch. I can see my shop orders getting finite scheduled in other sites as well.

Thank you so very much for your help and wish you a great day ahead!!

Regards,

Mithun K V