Solved

PSO Limits number of activities rule

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

We are trying to limit our bucket resource to 3 activities per slot period. I’ve tried to set this up in the Rule and Rule collections then applied the rule under Resource Types for the bucket resource but when I test this out, I am still seeing slots open up for the bucket resource. Is there any other parameter or configuration that I might be overlooked?

Please advise if possible. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana 11 July 2022, 15:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi ntran2022,
We suspect that there is likely to be something that you’ve overlooked, but it’s hard to tell without some more information.  Please raise a support case so that we will be able to gather a set of data to investigate.
Thanks,
Carl

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ntran2022 ,

• Shift capacity rules should be defined for bucket resources to limit the number of activities assigned to a bucket shift in some way. Without this a single bucket shift may be filled with an unlimited number of activities.
  • Rules should be used to place restrictions on combinations of activities scheduled to a resource.
  • There are four types of shift capacity rules:
    • SHIFT_MAX_TOTAL_ACTIVITY_COUNT: This rule limits the number of activities that can be allocated within the defined time frame for the rule (shift or reference period)
    • SHIFT_MAX_TOTAL_VALUE: This rule limits the total activity value that can be scheduled within a shift/reference period. The base value is used for each activity when calculating the total value.
    • SHIFT_MAX_TOTAL_DURATION: This rule limits the total activity duration that can be allocated within any shift/reference period.
    • SHIFT_CUSTOM_METRIC: This rule uses an activity's custom metric value as the limiting factor within the shift/reference period. Custom metrics can be defined in the Custom_Metric table and applied to activities or activity types. They define values for activities that are not used in any scoring calculations when scheduling the activity, so a higher custom metric value does not give an activity a higher scheduling incentive, but the higher value could limit whether the activity can be scheduled according to the SHIFT_CUSTOM_METRIC rule.
  • Parameters for the rules are defined via the Rule_Parameter table. The following parameter may be specified:
    • MaximumCount: A mandatory parameter for activity count rules. Defines the maximum number of activities permitted within the shift/reference period. (Integer)

Thanks and best regards,

Bhanuka