Solved

PSO 6.9 Installation on SQL Server (HTM Bulk Copy)

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 11 replies

Unable to get the HTM Bulk copy to work

Command Prompt

cd /d C:\IFS_PSO\Software\PSOHTM\GB_6597007783\scripts\SQL

”Hierarchical Travel Matrix Bulk Copy.bat” Hierarchical Travel Matrix dse1vmpe413 IFSPSO IFS0racl3

Receive the following error:-

SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 53
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.
SQLState = S1T00, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Login timeout expired
bulk copied data into Routing_Edge
bulk copying data into Routing_Network
SQLState = 08001, NativeError = 53
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53]. 

icon

Best answer by mealuk 10 October 2022, 14:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Melanie,

it looks like a connection issue. From where are you trying to access the DB host dse1vmpe413? From your local machine or are you actually on this server? If you trying to connect from your local machine than you need to allow communication with the database through Port 1433. You can do this by running SQL Configuration Manager.

Note that you can also use the PSO Installer to install the HTM.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +5

Hi

I am running this on the server running the SQL database. I will take a look at the installer tool will it handle the data import as well.

Badge +5

Hi

I have reverted back to using the installer tool which is easier to use.

Thought the scripts might be faster but looks like more work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

By looking at the syntax, I think you should’ve put the database name in quotes as it includes blanks. 

However, if it runs now via the Installer that’s fine as well.