Question

Navigation menu

Badge +5

Is there any way to manage the FSM Mobile menu which is displayed on the left hand side of the screen when the device (a tablet in this case) is in landscape mode? We’d like to manage contents or disable entirely if that isn’t possible.

We thought this was governed by the Debrief Menu but it appears not!

Thanks

21 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @ganners 

As far as I know, conditional menu items related to the device mode are not supported with configurations. You can either add or remove menu items.

You might want to consider customisations.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi

I would like to know how to add/remove menu items from this menu please?

Or hide the menu completely.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @ganners 

Is this FSM mobile or MWO?

According to the first comment, this is FSM, but according to your screenshot, it looks like MWO.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

Its FSM Mobile 6.0.26

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

Go to the global menu → Designer → [Your Design] → [Your Revision] → Mnues → Global

These check or uncheck the relevant menu items.

You will need a studio license to access the ‘Designer’.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

I don’t think I’m doing a very good job of explaining myself here.

You sent me to the Global Menu editor:

Which manages what is shown in the Global Menu itself:

What I am trying to manage is the left side bar navigation pane menu:

This is part of the Debrief Workflow. I assumed it would be the Debrief Menu which is used to control this but

As you can see the “three button” menu looks the way I want it to already.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @ganners 

Sorry for that. The UI looks a bit different than what I know.

Anyhow, you can configure the debrief menu as well.

Go to the global menu → Designer → [Your Design] → [Your Revision] → Workflows → [You Workflow] 

Then check or uncheck the relevant menu items. Please note that some checkboxes are disabled and cannot be updated.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

No problems we appreciate the ongoing help!

Anyhow, you can configure the debrief menu as well.

Go to the global menu → Designer → [Your Design] → [Your Revision] → Workflows → [You Workflow] 

The problem with this is that it will remove these screens from the workflow, no? The screens need to be part of the workflow so need to remain. We need to disable or remove this “navigation pane” to control the sequence that our engineers choose to use. With the navigation pane visible they can walk the workflow at will which we do not want!

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @ganners 

We will get there eventually :D

I hope I understood better now.

Go to the global menu → Designer → [Your Design] → [Your Revision] → Menues → [Your Debrief Workflow] 

Then check or uncheck the relevant menu items.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hey @Shneor Cheshin 

Trouble is I’m not sure we will 😀. I don’t think this is a “menu matter” - I am hoping there is some parameter or script thing we can use setControlVisibility("NAVIGATION_PANE", false) or something equally convenient?!

This is what we have:

This is our main Design and the only revision for it
Navigate in
Select Menus. We don’t have a “Your Debrief Workflow”. What we have is based on the one that comes with Mobile and built by IFS.
These Menu items are already turned off. There is only one item showing which is the Overview Screen and that this the one menu item we want to leave behind. This menu shows perfectly from the “three dots” button top-right of the screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

What client is this? (Android, iOS, Windows)

How do you open the menu? 

I cannot see this menu in my environment.

Cheers!

Badge +5

@Shneor Cheshin 

Its Android running on a Samsung SM-T720 (Android 11).

To open the menu from the users’ perspective, go into Jobs from Home and open an active job. Once in the ‘workflow’ 

Click the three dot button as shown
Which opens the Debrief Menu which looks a little strange because it just contains a singe entry!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

I checked another tablet and it was doing the same in landscape mode. Another option would be to use software/params/code to lock FSM Mobile in portrait mode if that’s possible?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

oops

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

I tested this issue a bit, and could not reconstruct your issues. 

I am using FSM 6 with UPD27. On a Pixel-4 phone with Android 11

Controlling the device rotation is an Android function. No such control in FSM mobile.

When there is at least 1 item configured/checked in the workflow menu, the 3 dots will show.

When there are no items configured/checked in the workflow menu, the 3 dots will NOT show.

This is how the menu looks when multiple items are configured in the workflow menu

This is how the menu looks when 1 item is configured in the workflow menu

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin 

The issue isn’t the menu. It’s the navigation pane (as I am calling it) which is only visible in landscape on a tablet which has the resolution large enough to show. I have proven this on two tablets now. Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be any way to manage this in FSM Mobile!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

Just tested this with an Android tablet.Nexus-10.

The first time I saw this, I was not aware of this panel.

Sad news indeed :(

Badge +5

@Shneor Cheshin so you confirm there’s no way to control it (the navigation pane)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

Unfortunately, yes. It looks like another hardcoded feature with no configuration points.

You might be able to hide it with custom code.

Cheers!

Badge +5

Hi @Shneor Cheshin promise this is the last question!

When you say custom code do you mean obtain the Mobile SDK and customise the code and redeploy?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@ganners 

Yes. Not sure if this is possible, need to POC this.

Cheers!