Solved

MX_U Table: How to Intrepret This Data?

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

we have gathered some data from MX_U table.  But I come across to a question how to interpret some data shown.

On this captured screen data of Feb. 02, 2022, at around 1 am.

mx_u_01, mx_u_02 fields showed something related to mobile app.

But user doesn’t have mobile device installed.

The question is because: time was wee morning, user didn’t do any work, and user doesn’t have mobile device installed.

And a lot of same processes.  

From this data shown, what does this data mean?

MX_U table

no mobile device for the user

Look forward to your enlightenment. :-)

Cheers,

~Juni

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 15 February 2022, 15:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Juni,

As mentioned in this post, what is the use of mx_u table in FSM? | IFS Community

That table is used internally for usage tracking purposes that could aid in troubleshooting.  The data does not need to be persisted long term though, so if you are finding that it is consuming too much storage in the database, you can safely truncate the table periodically without fear of doing harm elsewhere. Every external message coming in to the FSM Server (smart client, web client, mobile, integrations, PSO) gets a record in MX_U.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hushan

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, understood that the table does not need to be persisted for long time.  It will be used for troubleshooting purpose.

In order to be able to use it as intended, we need to understand the data shown there.  We have the data shown in the table like that, and repeating data like that shown.  That’s the reason I ask how to interpret the data in that table if we have entries like that.  To see whether it’s a correct behavior, or any other process to check.

Hope you understand my question.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@JuniSihombing,

The Analyze Usage menu option (in the studio menu under tools) is the function that uses the MX_U table.

The MX_U table is not intended to be used directly.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for this valuable info, @Lee Pinchbeck !

~Juni