Question

MWO capabilities

• 5 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I have some open questions on the MWO application capabilities (Both IFS MWO Service as IFS MWO Maintenance).

I’m currently dealing with a client that has technicians running around doing service and maintenance. But the tricky part is: their technicians also have a pretty high sales responsibility. Meaning: they are the first line of contact with the customer and should also be able to make service/sales quotes for various things.

Using MWO app we have the ability to use ‘Request Quotation’ but I’m wondering about the limitations. From my personal understanding we are limited by following factors:

• Client has to be known in the MWO application
  • The ‘Service’ has to be linked to the Service Catalog

Let’s start with these two.

Questions: 

• Is there a way to use MWO for ‘new’ customers? (equivalent as in ‘Service Quotation’ where we can use ‘Quick register customer’)
  • Is there a way to quote non-service catalog related items? (Maybe we want to do something that is not ‘off the shelf’ but we know we are capable of doing it)
  • is there a way to ‘combine’ different Service Catalog items in 1 Request Quotation? Or do we need to go for 2 separate Quotations?

Maybe this is beyond the scope of the MWO app - as mentioned, these technicians have a reasonably high sales cross-over - and maybe the solutions needs to be located elsewhere (Thinking about CRM / Business opportunities). But client is also determined to have offline capabalities to create a Service/sales quote…

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!