Question

Mobile | Technician Signature Screen | Can't complete task without signature

• 21 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

We are trying to complete the task without technician signature. When the complete button is clicked and YES is clicked for completing the task in the POP-UP, nothing happens as it doesn’t allow us to complete the task nor it shows any alert that why the task is not allowed to get completed.

The expected behavior which we are looking for even if technician doesn’t sign it and clicks on complete button it should allow us to complete the task or it shows some alert that technician signature is missing to complete the task.

May I know from where we can make the expected changes in that screen which I mentioned above in the expected behavior?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @Deepali Jain 

Check if the field is configured as ‘Required’

Cheers!

Badge +3

As above suggested:
Nothing happens if, the tech_signature_id required field is not checked. I repeatedly tried to re-initialize the device. I then double-checked while clicking on the complete button, which displays the message "Are you sure you want to complete the task?" and, after clicking "YES," it still prevents task completion without signature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Deepali Jain 

Which screen is being used?

Please check both DebriefReview & DebriefSignature (which is deprecated)

If that does not work, check if there is a client script that sets the field as mandatory.

Cheers!

Badge +3

The screen which we are using is DebriefReview for tech_signature and I have checked all the client scripts nothing is there which sets the field as mandatory.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Deepali Jain 

It is very weird. I am using the same screen and the same configurations.

Please check the field task.tech_signer on the same screen.

Cheers!

Badge +3

There is a correction, we are using DebriefSignature screen not DebriefReview.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Deepali Jain ,

As I mentioned in your related post: 

Since you are using the deprecated screen, you cannot configure it the way you want.  You would need to customize the code.  I would recommend switching to the new screen introduced in Update 17.