</parameters>
</perform_attach_report>

The error is 

<perform_attach_report_result>
  <result type="Exception">
    <error>
      <application_error>
        <severity>ERROR</severity>
        <message>ProcessPerformRequest: matching perform definition method not found: TaskRepComponent:ProcessAttachPdf(System.String,System.String,)</message>
      </application_error>
    </error>
  </result>
</perform_attach_report_result>

The method and method signature are correctly defined in the perform definition when checked in smart client.

This error started to occur after a cloud delivery for a mobile customization.

What could have gone wrong and where can I check?

Cheers,

Buddhima

icon

Best answer by SAMLK 10 October 2023, 05:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @buddhima ,

Please check the <CustomPoliciesAssembly>, <CustomManagerNamespace> elements are being set correctly according to the code base namespaces on the Web.config file (in the iis cloud root component). You will need to get support from the cloud ops team to check this as you do not have the necessary permission levels. Have you also tested this locally in a virtual environment as well?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @SAMLK,

Thank you very much for your reply! 😀

I got the cloud team to send the web.config file from the server and this is what it looks like

I checked the web.config file in the deliveries folder, the upgrade package made for this and it is different to the one currently in the server.  

<CustomAssemblyLocation>%RoleRoot%\sitesroot\0\CustomAssemblies</CustomAssemblyLocation>

<CustomEntitiesAssembly>CustomEntities.dll</CustomEntitiesAssembly>

<CustomPoliciesAssembly>customername.BusinessServer.dll</CustomPoliciesAssembly>

<CustomManagerNamespace>customername.BusinessServer.BusinessPolicies</CustomManagerNamespace>

Should I get the Cloud team to change the current web.config file in the server as the one here? 

Also,  Im wondering if the <CustomAssemblyLocation> needs to be replaced as well? 

Cheers,

Buddhima

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @SAMLK,

Thank you very much for your reply! 😀

I got the cloud team to send the web.config file from the server and this is what it looks like

I checked the web.config file in the deliveries folder, the upgrade package made for this and it is different to the one currently in the server.  

<CustomAssemblyLocation>%RoleRoot%\sitesroot\0\CustomAssemblies</CustomAssemblyLocation>

<CustomEntitiesAssembly>CustomEntities.dll</CustomEntitiesAssembly>

<CustomPoliciesAssembly>customername.BusinessServer.dll</CustomPoliciesAssembly>

<CustomManagerNamespace>customername.BusinessServer.BusinessPolicies</CustomManagerNamespace>

Should I get the Cloud team to change the current web.config file in the server as the one here? 

Also,  Im wondering if the <CustomAssemblyLocation> needs to be replaced as well? 

Cheers,

Buddhima

Hi @buddhima ,

No need to change the assembly location as we normally do not do this (we keep it default and this is how it should look like on cloud environment) You can request the cloud ops team to manually do this change in which requires a small downtime. Also ask them to take a backup of the existing web.config file before doing the change.

Going forward, make sure to add a special note to manually check whether this configuration in place on the web.config file after each application server upgrade as a precaution. :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @SAMLK ,

Thank you very much! I will ask the cloud team to make the changes as you have mentioned.

Quick question: All the RDLC files of the customer has been deleted after the delivery. 

We have checked in the above location for the custom reports and it is empty. Could anything in the web.config file have caused this? Just need to make sure if both are related. If not, what could have caused this?

Cheers,

Buddhima

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @SAMLK ,

Thank you very much! I will ask the cloud team to make the changes as you have mentioned.

Quick question: All the RDLC files of the customer has been deleted after the delivery. 

We have checked in the above location for the custom reports and it is empty. Could anything in the web.config file have caused this? Just need to make sure if both are related. If not, what could have caused this?

Cheers,

Buddhima

Hi @buddhima ,

Is this a version upgrade? web.config files does not usually change if this is not a version upgrade but we always ask the cloud team to make sure that the necessary files are in place after a version upgrade delivery in the delivery instructions document. Can you cross check whether the setup file which was taken to build the delivery is the same if it is not a version upgrade. But usually it does not remove the custom rdlc files even if it is a version upgrade. Was there a database upgrade performed as well?

Did you happen to perform the delivery in an on prem VM environment and check whether you got the same problem as well? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

...All the RDLC files of the customer has been deleted after the delivery. 

Hi Buddhima,

I also noticed that happened in some of our environments after deployment of update.  

DEV and PRD didn’t have the issue.  

But in TST and ACC the custom reports were missing.  I didn’t open a support ticket for it, as we have only 3 custom rdls.  It’s faster to upload the files. ;-)

Maybe you can ask internally what the cause of issue.  I am curious about it.

FYI, our environments are in IFS cloud.

Look forward to your update.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @SAMLK ,

Cheers,

Buddhima

Hi @buddhima ,

Is this a version upgrade? web.config files does not usually change if this is not a version upgrade but we always ask the cloud team to make sure that the necessary files are in place after a version upgrade delivery in the delivery instructions document. Can you cross check whether the setup file which was taken to build the delivery is the same if it is not a version upgrade. But usually it does not remove the custom rdlc files even if it is a version upgrade. Was there a database upgrade performed as well?

Did you happen to perform the delivery in an on prem VM environment and check whether you got the same problem as well? 

Hi @SAMLK ,

I have checked the previous delivery package (a hotfix) which I took a copy of to create this delivery (mobile customization). I only replaced the mobile apk file. Looking at the previous delivery folder, looks like the reports are missing and webconfig file is incorrect, so the same issue is in the new delivery folder as well. However, the delivery package for the upgrade, which was made before the hotfix delivery has the correct files. So will have to manually add that to the server.

Im not sure about the database upgrade and haven’t performed in an on prem vm env. 

Cheers,

Buddhima 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

...All the RDLC files of the customer has been deleted after the delivery. 

Hi Buddhima,

I also noticed that happened in some of our environments after deployment of update.  

DEV and PRD didn’t have the issue.  

But in TST and ACC the custom reports were missing.  I didn’t open a support ticket for it, as we have only 3 custom rdls.  It’s faster to upload the files. ;-)

Maybe you can ask internally what the cause of issue.  I am curious about it.

FYI, our environments are in IFS cloud.

Look forward to your update.

Cheers,

~Juni

Hi @JuniSihombing ,

Thanks for your reply! I am currently working with the cloud team to identify how the rdlc files went missing. Will get back with anything I find. :)

Cheers,

Buddhima