Solved

Mass Update for Transfer Unit button in Repair Center

• 30 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all,

I am currently using this ‘Transfer Unit’ button functionality in the Repair Center screen.

We have a lot of repair center transactions and the volume that is to be done by batch at one time is quite high. As such we require this function to be done en masse by batch. Exactly like how a Mass Update works. 

I understand how to do a Mass Update for fields for a screen. However, it seems doing a Mass Update with this Transfer Unit button seems a little more complicated. 

Any ideas on this?

icon

Best answer by Aaron.Sleight 30 August 2022, 17:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The transfer unit function on this screen is really just a simplified version of the standard misc stock adjustment function, which does support bulk transfer of inventory items from one location to another.  This is limited to items of the same part id which are currently located the same place/location and having the same usable property.  I would suggest giving users access to the Misc Adjustments function on the Logistics Manager screen.

If something more is required beyond that, it would need to be a custom development, but this could also be done with a configured custom screen and client scripting which just utlizes the same APIs that the baseline screens use.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I see, thanks Aaron.