Solved

Lookup Screen

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to create popup screen similar to screen which is in contact screen which will populate when we click on create person button.

Regards,

Ramya 

icon

Best answer by Atheeq Maharoof 5 October 2021, 19:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @RamyaR ,

The popup screen which is opened when clicking the create person button is “CONTACTTOPERSONLOOKUP” (Sometimes you wont see in any design in the UI editor, make sure to off the lookup view found near the current screen). You can create a new lookup screen and copy the xml in CONTACTTOPERSONLOOKUP and paste it in the newly created lookup screen (TEST_PERSON). Make sure to change the screen name as the newly created screen (TEST_PERSON).  Using the UI editor you can do the necessary changes. 

Newly created screen

When you check the custom code of Create Person button, you can see the baseline client script used to open the popup CONTACT_CREATE_PERSON_BUTTON. You can create a similar custom client script and open the newly created lookup. 

Create person custom code

I did not implement the function completely , but as per my understanding this will be a feasible approach. 

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Atheeq Maharoof  thanks for the swift response.

Can suggest how to design screen for different table not for person table, Similar functionality required for other table.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @RamyaR ,

While creating the lookup for primary table provide the required table. Checking the XML of CONTACTTOPERSONLOOKUP will give you an idea on how to create a similar screen. You can try removing the column_def tags and see the changes made in the UI editor. This will give an idea on how the UI elements data are converted to XML.

Hope this answer helps. 

Best Regards,
Atheeq