Solved

Integration Inbound XML (IN_CREATE_OR_UPDATE_PRODUCT) return exception error intermittently

• 10 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Customer is getting an exception 

Exception: System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'https://lely-fsm-prd.ifs.cloud/M5Service.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

app param INTEGRATION_MESSAGE_EXECUTION_TIMER_INTERVAL is set to 60, would setting this application parameter to longer than an hour resolve this exception? 

Could restarting INTEGRATION CACHE solve the problem?

Could restarting the ODATA IIS app pool solve the problem?

Could rebooting the server solve the problem?

icon

Best answer by Ann Degroat 10 November 2022, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

The request channel timed out while using ODATA REST API | IFS Community  

I believe this is what is happening in my customer’s environment as well. Even though they are on FASM 6 U16 and the fix happened in FSM6 U11. I will have them open a  case to have Cloud Services check the  OData API application pool in IIS and make sure the start mode is set to AlwaysRunning instead of OnDemand (which is the default mode) and set the idle timeout setting as 0 instead of 20 minutes, if it isn't set properly. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Ann,

fyi - there is no IIS Application Pool when FSM is running as a App Service. This is only the case in on-prem or when FSM is running on a VM in Azure.

Going back to your initial issue:
The app param INTEGRATION_MESSAGE_EXECUTION_TIMER_INTERVAL is only affecting Integration Monitor Schedules.
There is also a timeout setting that can be configured on the endpoint binding itself (in the web.config). You might want to try increase this to 5 minutes (would need to be requested through Cloud Team/delivery).
If the XML in question is only failing sporadically then it might be due to high system utilization during the time it is processed. Check, the Azure metrics (App Service CPU/RAM Utilization) when the issue is happening. Also verify if the XML is written properly, e.g. it’s not updating to much data at once (someone with more Integration knowledge might comment on that as I’m not an expert in that area :D ).

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@roklde - what will the impact(s) of this change to other processes be.  Will it cause any delay to other processes?  

As this needs to be request though the cloud team, Customer is wondering if the system need to be down when the change is made?  If yes, for how long? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

It shouldn’t cause a delay for other processess. It’s just allowing more processing time until a timeout occurs.

A web.config change should take only couple of minutes including a App Service restart.

I suggest to test this first in a lower environment before rolling out to Prod.

Best regards
Roman