Question

Integration has Rollback exception

• 3 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

we have seen a lot of integration log has exception like this:

Rollback was performed on the transaction as GetTransaction/StartTransaction code block is missing a CommitTransaction/EndTransaction.

The integration type is XML inbound.

When the xml message from the that message is executed in XML Poster, the process is completed instantly.

I’d like to ask:

• What is the cause of the rollback?  And how can we prevent the issue?

~Juni

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @JuniSihombing,

This may be a bit complex to answer in the forums as it will likely come down to the specifics of what is coming inbound and the complete setup of that integration including map if there is one.

A place to start would be to compare the inbound XML on a successful entry for this in the integration log versus the inbound XML on one that has rolled back.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck ,

thanks for the response.

No difference between messages which were successfully processed, and the ones having exceptions.

I saw a post which is similar to our issue The request channel timed out while using ODATA REST API | IFS Community 

Can our issue have the same cause?

Best regards,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @JuniSihombing 

Have you found the issue?

If yes, what was the fix? Workaround?

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

no.  Haven’t found the cause nor workaround yet.

Are you facing a similar issue?

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @JuniSihombing 

Same error, scenario is a bit different.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Shneor Cheshin,

I don’t have access to the link you gave above, as it is only for IFS employees and partners.  Could you please post the conversations here?

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @JuniSihombing 

This is my issue - 

Error - 

Rollback was performed on the transaction as GetTransaction/StartTransaction code block is missing a CommitTransaction/EndTransaction..
Error encountered when processing c_jr_requirement row with keys: requirement_id and values: 75.  Error Text: Rollback was performed on the transaction as GetTransaction/StartTransaction code block is missing a CommitTransaction/EndTransaction..
Error encountered when processing c_jr_requirement row with keys: requirement_id and values: 76. Error Text: Rollback was performed on the transaction as GetTransaction/StartTransaction code block is missing a CommitTransaction/EndTransaction..
Error encountered when processing c_jr_requirement row with keys: requirement_id and values: 77. Error Text: Rollback was performed on the transaction as GetTransaction/StartTransaction code block is missing a CommitTransaction/EndTransaction..

XML I am running

<mass_update_c_jr_requirement>
<hierarchy_select result_name="jobReadinessEscalation01">
<primary_table>c_jr_requirement</primary_table>
<attrs>
<attr>c_jr_requirement.requirement_id</attr>
</attrs>
<from>
<table>c_jr_requirement</table>
<table>c_escalation_job_readiness_jeopardy_set_view</table>
</from>
<where>
<data_constraint>
<constraint>
<left_operand>c_escalation_job_readiness_jeopardy_set_view.create_escalation</left_operand>
<operator>eq</operator>
<right_operand>Y</right_operand>
</constraint>
<constraint>
<left_operand>c_jr_requirement.create_escalation</left_operand>
<operator>eq</operator>
<right_operand>N</right_operand>
</constraint>
</data_constraint>
<join_constraint>
<constraint>
<left_operand>c_jr_requirement.requirement_id</left_operand>
<operator>equi</operator>
<right_operand>c_escalation_job_readiness_jeopardy_set_view.requirement_id</right_operand>
</constraint>
</join_constraint>
</where>
</hierarchy_select>
<c_jr_requirement>
<requirement_id xpath_node="//c_escalation_job_readiness_jeopardy_set_view_hierarchy_select_result[@result_name='jobReadinessEscalation01']/c_escalation_job_readiness_jeopardy_set_view/requirement_id"/>
<create_escalation>Y</create_escalation>
<update />
</c_jr_requirement>
<transaction_size>1</transaction_size>
<synchronous>Y</synchronous>
</mass_update_c_jr_requirement>

I have noticed that some records fail to update due some issues. For example, trying to update a task in FREEZE_TASK_STATUS.

If I skip these records (by tuning the hierarchy_select query), then I no longer get the rollback issue.

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks @Shneor Cheshin!