Question

Impact of address change on PSO activity schedule

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

We have a situation where we will not have the full address at the time of appointment request. We will only have city, country and postal code at appointment request and later at the time of slot confirmation, we will have the full address. Since address is a mandatory field in FSM, we want to use some default address per postal code at time of appointment request and update later once we receive actual address at slot confirmation. The question is PSO will show slots based on default address and later when address gets updated co-ordinates will be changed so will there be any known impact on the task or on the PSO schedule with this address update.

Note : Default address and actual address both lie in same zip code so we should not have a situation where there is very huge distance between the co-ordinates of the 2 addresses.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Shamika_Elux 

First, please check if the updated address and details are synced into PSO as expected.

Second, there might be impact on scheduling and optimisation of the activities.

Cheers!

Badge +4

Hi @Shneor Cheshin, Yes we checked updated address are getting synced into PSO and also task remains allocated to same technician but my concern is on a real production scenario if the distance between the initial address and actual address is more, in that case allocation can change from one technician to another or there is a chance of task getting unallocated?

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Shamika_Elux 

There is always a chance, as I wrote in the first comment.

If wish to avoid changes you can consider using the ‘fixed’ flags. i.e. fixed commitment or fixed resource.

Cheers!