Question

IFS FSM6 U14 - Installation Issues

• 23 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

I am trying to set up IFS FSM6 U14 on our VM, when i run setup.exe i am getting below error.

I have checked the prerequisites and i see that our VM has all those, below is the list of softwares installed on our VM.

Software

Version Installed

Power shell version

Microsoft SQL Server

Google Chrome version

.NET Framework

.NET Core

Anyone has an idea about the above error and how to resolve it ?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Vineeth,

it seems that the import of the metadata fails due to a permission issue and thus the next step when creating the required FSM DB Views fails as well. 
The Screenshot is a bit cut-off. Can you please attach the logsfiles from the Installer (can be found in the DatabaseData\SQLServer\NewInstall folder).

Best regards
Roman

Badge +5

Hi @roklde ,

Please find the attached log files.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Thanks!

That’s a bit strange. According to the installStatus a couple of actions (e.g. DB User creation) completed but when looking into the specific log (fsm_createUser) it’s actually empty. Thus, it looks like that nothing happened.

You are sure that the DB connection is working as expected? Do you have SQL Management Studio installed on the VM? Can you try to login with the same credentials given in the FSM Installer and check what’s created in the DB when the Install fails?

Check also the FSM Installer Log by fetching it with CTRL+L.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +5

Hi @roklde ,

- The SQL Server management studio is installed on VM.
- The DB Connection is working, i am able to login into sql server managment studio using both 'sa' and 'FSM' users and the password is same for both the user id's.

-When i login into sql server management studio with ‘sa’ user i see both the databases.

• When i am trying to login by FSM users i am getting below error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @vineeth,

When adding in the details for the server name and a sys admin user, try adding in the fully qualified domain name to the name of the server in the setup.exe.

I’m also running upgrade packages and was getting a similar message. The FQDN resolved the issue though.

Ady

Badge +5

Hi @AdrianEgley ,

Do you mean i need to add DBO.FSM under Database Name when the below screen pops up ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@vineeth 

I was referring to the ‘Database Server’ field.

I was using the the full server name along with the FQDN.

Ady

Badge +5

Hi @AdrianEgley ,

Is the below way you are asking to modify ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@vineeth 

Yes that’s the field.

But if you can access the SQL Server. Load a command prompt and do an ipconfig/all

When I used the Host Name followed by the Primary Dns Suffix to get my FQDN the upgrade flowed all the way through.

So instead of the dbo.fsm as that’s the database, you will need the server and then DNS name.

Hope that helps

Ady