IFS FSM Alias for Custom Table

• 28 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 3 replies

HI All,

Good Day.!

I’m facing updating custom alias table, here’s my scenario kindly review and please suggest any solutions for the same.

Working Scenario:

Created Alias table for Part Need as part_need_alias, and configured the same in Task screen with different filter conditions. In this I can able to save/ update / Delete Records in alias.

Issue scenario

Created Alias table for custom table (tech_refer) which is not in FSM Metadata as tech_refer_alias, and configured the same in task screen with different condition, in this value is populating but I can’t able to update the record and getting the below issue as table or view not found, kindly advice on the same. Tried the same from XML Poster also getting the same issue.

Error : The database command failed and reported the following error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

kindly please let me know is there any other configurations we need to make while creating the alias for custom table apart from the below one.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Hari

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @HHP ,

As per my understanding, alias wont be in database level. This can be checked by executing a select * from part_alias which is a baseline alias table. In your issue scenario can you make sure that the custom table has been created in DB level.  Since for the working scenario part_need_alias the part_need table is already created in the baseline, therefore the issue might not have encountered. 

Hope this answer helps.

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Badge +2

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof ,

Thanks for suggestion.

Yes, I have my custom table in my DB and I can see the same from query.

Also Alias table will not execute in SQL Query tool by baseline and part_alias will execute data since it have some internal build in policy seems.

Kindly advice is there any workaround for the same.

Thanks,

Hari

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Dear @HHP,

It is difficult to suggest you a workaround without knowing the business function of the custom metadata you have created. 

For a instant if you have a function created for the metadata you have created, you may create a lookup navigation to a key filed in the list you created using the alias table (ie: adding lookup navigator to tech_refer_alias.tech_id). You can use a “Breadcrumb” type navigation item to direct the user to the custom function you have created (tech_refer). Then you can edit the records from the function and that will be reflected in the task screen. 

Kindly note that this might not be applicable if the business requirement of the custom metadata you have created is different. 

Hope this answer helps you.

Best Regards,

Kalana.