Question

How to sort client screen field

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

We want to sort FSM client fields on some screens.  Example: ‘Product’ screen has a section in the workspace called Service History where we show information from the Request table that is related to the Product.  Currently it is sorted by Request Id, but we would want this sorted by the Request create_dttm.

I looked in UI Designer at the properties for this field but did not see an option to sort.  See attached screenshot of the Product screen.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Jacksonc 

Users should click the column header and sort by column. 

Cheers!

Badge +3

Thanks for your reply Shneor.  I was looking for a way to make the sort permanent for the screen.  Morris Ruben (IFS) showed me how to use UI Designer - child relationships to add in a sort to the table and field that displays for the screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @Jacksonc 

Mind sharing with us the solution?

I think many will benefit from it.

Cheers!

Badge +3

Hi Shneor,

I hadn’t shared the solution, because in my case it’s not working 100% - we believe this may because of other sorts in place in the native app??

However in most cases this should work:

UI designer for the screen / Edit Child Relations / Select the Parent and Related table (in my case it was request_unit and request) / Add in an ‘Order By’ at the bottom (in my case the Name for this was request.created_dttm)

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@Jacksonc 

Cheers mate!