Solved

How to prioritize PSO Bucket resource?

• 24 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

I have a question in regards to how to prioritize PSO bucket resource to receive jobs as a last resort.

We have different type of resources and wanted to see how can we override other resources over the bucket resource. 

Use case: Right now we have a resource that already have 2 jobs scheduled on them but PSO is moving it into the bucket tech even though the resource met all the criteria to do that job and have available shift. I use the comparison tool and cannot figure out why since the travel parameter for the resource is even closer than the bucket resource etc. 

Please assist if possible.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana 25 June 2022, 05:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ntran2022 ,

I think the easiest way is you can discourage or encourage bucket resources from being chosen over standard resources by setting up the appropriate values for resource preference. The preference value that is less than 0.5 discourages and vice versa.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Bhanuka.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Bhanuka Abeygoonawardana - Thank you so much for responding and I believe you have the right answer however, I would to ask do I need to set other resources with a preference value in order for PSO to optimize this? Or we can just set it for the bucket resource only. I am having trouble with consistency when I test sometime the activity went to the standard resource sometimes it went to the bucket resource. Thanks again for all your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ntran2022 ,

Setting up a value or not for resource preference depends on your requirement.

• Resource Preferences instruct the scheduler to prefer to choose a given resource or resource type for an activity, activity type, or location or prefer not to do so.
  • As you are aware, the preference is on a sliding scale from 0 (don't do it) to 1 (must do it). Values between 0 and 1 specify preferences, rather than a hard constraint.
  • If any resource preferences are created with values of 1, then one of these resources must be used for the activity or location. So, if resources A and B have a preference of 1 for an activity, and resource C has a preference of 0.9; then only A or B may be allocated to the activity, despite the strong soft preference for resource C.
  • If resource preferences are created with values of 0.5 and then one with a value of 1 then only this last one will be considered for having the activity allocated.
  • When no resource preference is specified for some resources but exists for others then those without a resource preference defined have a default preference value of 0.5.

I hope now the logic behind the preference is clear for you to determine the values.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bhanuka